How I Manage work Independently on-the-go (My Backpack Kits)


For the most part of my job, I work as a freelancer or independently to put it that way, basically at home and sometimes on-the-go. As a tech guy who's also in creative arts and loves traveling, I am always on the move especially on weekends when I am less busy. So here's my backpack. A lot of people often ask me, "you are always mobile and how do you manage to keep up with all your activities. well for me it's particularly because of maybe technically the way I organize my work and manage my time. I do have two sets of tech equipment arrangements. First, my home office and second, I have my backpack which contains my On-the-go equipment and that's what I want to share with you in this article. If you are someone who is always mobile but want to keep up with work like on-the-go, then this equipment will be good for you. the good news is they are lightweight and you can carry them wherever you go be it if it's for work purposes or just travels. Sometimes, I work in the midst of my friends and they can't even tell. Now depending on what you do, you might want to get just that which will suit you or that which will handle your job.
For someone like me who's a technician and loves writing and taking video shoots, you can try to guess what could be in my bag but in case you can't, I'll tell you. you can get yours via the links and it's going to do so much for this page. I am always on alert knowing the kind of job I do especially for remote clients who might hit me at an uncertain time to report an issue. My backpack includes;

My laptop (Lenovo X1 Carbon 7Gen):
I recently bought this for three main reasons; Size, power and battery life. Its slimmer, sleeker and lighter than its predecessors. I have no problems when it comes to battery life which is up to 18 hours; long enough to last me a complete day before I can recharge. The 2019 NEWEST ThinkPad X1 Carbon 7th Generation features Intel Core i7-8565U Processor 1. 8GHz Quad-Core Up to 4. 6GHz 14" Anti-glare LED Backlit IPS FHD (1920 x 1080) Display 16GB LPDDR3 2133MHz RAM 512GB Solid State Drive Microsoft Windows 10 (64 bit), Intel Integrated 620 Graphics 802. 11 Wireless-AC 2x2 + Bluetooth 5. 0 Integrated dual Microphone Array Dolby Premium Audio Processing Backlit English Keyboard Fingerprint Reader and Integrated Webcam 2x USB 3. 1 2x USB Type C Thunderbolt with PowerDelivery 1x HDMI 1x Mini RJ-45 1x Combination Audio Jack 4 Cell 51Wh Battery Dimensions: 8. 55" x 12. 74" x 0. 59" Approximate Weight: 2. 65lbs(2KG). This is just so perfect for me, I could run all web applications, remote programs, virtual machines, and even videos and games if I did want to, yet the processor won't suffer any strain. It's perfect for my job though it was quite a bit costly, I think it's worth it given its compact size yet with enormous power. So If this is also an ideal machine you can  Click here 

Portable Camera drone(DJI Mavic Air)
I enjoy an epic lifestyle or let's say I love to keep a diary of my activities but rather in pictures and personal videos, so I got myself a Mavic. like most of my on-the-go gadget, I like it lightweight and quite smaller. well, it's Lightweight with a compact foldable design. I take it everywhere with me even on just casual outings, it's very handy and easily slides into my pocket. This type Supports 4K video at 30 fps, The 12.0MP camera with Adobe DNG RAW support is ready to shoot. The three-axis gimbal is capable of stabilizing the camera even during high-speed motion for smooth video and sharp photos. I could control the drone from up to 6562' away. However, The Mavic Air Intelligent Flight lithium battery provides up to 21 minutes of flight time per charge. The drone came with a dedicated remote controller and Features a foldable, low-profile, ergonomic design to hold a smartphone for maximum convenience.  you can Fly by phone and Set up tracking to shoot a friend or head skywards for a quick flight using your smartphone instead of the controller. I don't know about you but if you enjoy an epic lifestyle then you definitely need this drone now


Powerbank (Maxoak K2 50,000mAh Laptop power Bank):
Before my recent laptop, power was a big issue for me as Laptop's Battery life was not very irresistible to a longer job especially if I find myself in locations far from an AC socket, so I had to get the Maxoak power bank to help me in this aspect. Now I actually don't really need it but then it's worth mentioning. However, I still carry during my trips though.
Constructed with Lithium-ion Polymer Battery Cells&Built-in 6 Security Protections to Ensure Safety Use and 1000+ Long Recharge Cycles. Its a Long-lasting DC Power Bank for Laptops: Ultra High Capacity 50000mAh(3.7V)/185Wh(130W Max.).Compatible With a Wide Variety of Laptops(Max.130W)- Dell HP Lenovo Surface pro 2/3/4(DC12V) Sony Samsung Acer Toshiba IBM NEC. It Includes 14 DC Connectors for Various Laptops. Meaning different laptop brands can be able to use this power bank. Once Fully Charged, K2 Portable Battery Pack Can Charge Laptops(65W) About 2.5 Times and Smartphone About 11-18Times. Now without Using your Laptops/Phones While Charging, It Is Much Power Saving than AC Outlet Power Bank. DC20V/DC12V/USB5V Outputs: All-IN-1 FAST CHARGE Battery Pack. It Features with 1* DC20V/5A for Laptops(18.5V~20.5V), 1* DC12V/2.5A for Cameras, Routers, LED lights, 2* USB 5V/2.1A and 2* USB 5V/1A For Smart Phones, iPad, Tablet &Other USB-Charged Devices. You Can Charge Several Devices Simultaneously to Save You Much Time. Ultra Energy Saving & Fast Charging Speed with DC input:16.8V/2.5A, The K2 Battery Pack Can Be Recharged in Just 6-8 HoursThe good news is most resellers Offer Customers a 12 Months Hassle-free 100% Satisfaction & Replacement Warranty. With this in your bag, you can be rest assured power was is on your site. I really do recommend this for everyone, it saves a great deal. if you are interested in getting the same model, Buy here


SATPHONE (Thuraya XT PRO): 
So I never really knew how necessary this was until I worked in remote locations that didn't support local networks, in other words, there wasn't any network at all. Now if you are no very familiar with what these are, A satphone or satellite telephone, or satellite phone is a type of mobile phone that connects to other phones or the telephone network by radio through orbiting satellites instead of terrestrial cell sites, as cellphones do. in other words, they work just about anywhere on the planet. ... Satellite phones don't rely on a terrestrial cell phone network. Instead, they beam their data directly to and from satellites orbiting Earth. Looking at this definition, Its a necessary tool for explorers, adventurers or remote field workers. with this, you can easily report incidence back to home base. Personally, I used the Thuraya XT pro reason being it's Supported by the most robust and powerful satellite network Important: However, The Thuraya satellite network does not offer coverage in the US. It is not possible to use Thuraya satellite phones/SatSleeves or SIM cards in this region. Before you go in for This phone, Ensure to check the Thuraya coverage map for details of countries in the Thuraya coverage area. It is very easy to use and has a long battery life but then expensive as well, but you are gonna need it if you are a field worker who understands the worth of this thing and the dangers of losing connection to teammates or the corporate office


My Tablet(Samsung Galaxy S4 Tab):
You might be wondering why I needed this? but I find it truly handy and flexible. I consider it a smaller version of my laptop. Because I have synchronized everything between my laptop and the tablet such that in case of an emergency, It's easier for me to respond to the situation using my tablet. Most of the applications I use are android. the reason why I got the tablet in the first place aside from its android capability is the fact that it adapts your busy life at home and on the go. Moreover because of the Samsung DeX which is available on a Samsung tablet for the first time with Galaxy Tab S4 makes the interface look like windows and I feel It's like getting the productivity of a PC with the mobility of a tablet. You Multitask simply via an HDMI adapter without a DeX station or DeX pad and add a keyboard, mouse or monitor for even more efficiency the refined Galaxy Tab S4 is an ultimate entertainment and multitasking assistant. The fun part is, I am able to do most of my PC stuff on it, for example, write blogs, support individuals online, monitor my website, access my pc and also connect to other workstations just from the tablet and stuffs like that its pretty cool. most importantly I get to do this in any position(sleeping, standing or sitting), unlike the PC where I have to be in a sitting position at least 95% of the time. So for this model, it comes with:
A Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 MSM8998 2.35GHz 8-Core Processor, Android 8.0 Oreo Operating System
4GB RAM - 64GB Storage, expandable up to 400GB via microSD card
10.5in Multi-Touch WQXGA Super AMOLED Display (2560 x 1600) with included S Pen
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0 Connectivity - 8MP Front and 13MP Rear Camera with Flash and 8x Digital Zoom. The touch and feel are good but it is not at all water resistible, handling is very much appropriate here. So depending on what specs you may need, price ranges from 350$ to 500$. Check that which suits you HERE


Portable Mini Router(KuWfi 300Mbps 4g Lite Router)

Almost like the heart of it all, Since I work online most of the time, I definitely need an internet connection and this does a great deal. The LTE Internet Router with a powerful signal and support for working mode:3G/4G wireless mode/Standard wireless modem mode/ brigde/AP* I basically just Insert a SIM card which I have subscribed to a data bundle with my ISP, then I enjoy the WiFi alongside friends with this portable 4G LTE router,It also supports Internet access/PPPoE work mode, if you don't have a 4G sim card, you can use connect to modem work as Gateway mode. Earlier Before I bought this, I used my phone's hotspot to share the connection but it created a lot of inconveniences as connections were interrupted by either calls or me having to move from one place to another with my phone. 
KuWFi 4G CPE Router support 4G FDD-LTE: B2(1900Mhz), B4(1700Mhz), B5(850Mhz)/B12/B17 FOR USA/CA/Mexico and Bahamas/Dominica/Jamaica/Trinidad and Tobago/ Argentina/ Chile/ Colombia /Ecuador/ Peru/Uruguay and other Caribbean Latin America should be updated APN.and choose 4G network band priority. 
Equipped with 4 LAN interface with the power button on the left side. when the 4G router transmits the WiFi, you may connect to other Devices simultaneously,There is a power button on the left side. easy to control, turn on or turn off. It is easy to connect and easy to carry in hand Sharing customer to 32 WiFi users, All you need to do is inserting the SIM card, then you will enjoy the WiFi with your friends with this portable 4G LTE router. Bridge WiFi and share network with families and friends securely in the hotel or other public places. also good for outside camera Projects. 
I bought this on Amazon at an amazing fairly decent price. If you need this, Check it out


Apsung 110 in 1 Screwdriver Set:

This couldn't have in any way missed my bag. I use it for any physical technicality like the opening of a computer for maintenance or repairs. Most of my system maintenance or repairs work is done at home or at the office site but I still prefer to carry it along to all my trips. what's special about this is the Multi-Magnetic Screwdriver heads. Apsung Professional 110-in-1 multi-function interchangeable precise manual toolset. It comes with all the necessary tools for a wide variety of jobs and its Perfect for repairing laptops, mobile devices and other precision items like wristwatches and eyeglasses. Its Light weight and has a compact design, High Quality and Well Perform: Shafts of the screwdrivers are made with chrome vanadium, which is a mixture of alloys. It improves resistible to rust as well as endure heavier load. Thus, the product is made more durable.
The screwdriver heads are magnetic, Made of impact-resistant tool steels, solid as chrome vanadium steel, and they can tighten the screws during repair, which improves performance and saves your time and effort. The good news is, it is cheap. I got this on amazon for 14 bucks. Click the link if you need one for yourself.

Shoulder Drop(Kingslong Laptop Backpack)
Safety and Security are very important when working out. Though most, especially for the individual, But equipment should also be kept in mind. You can't afford buying experience equipment only to use them a few times and not have them in the good state anymore. To tackle this precaution, I had to look for this particular shoulder drop to "house" all my equipment. Moreover, if you love your Job, You've got to respect the equipment. I guess I did. So this is a 17.3-inch laptop bag.
The size of the 17.3-inch laptop backpack is 50 x 30 x 14 cm (19.6x11.8x5.5 inch). It can hold 17 to 17.3 inches of laptop and can support 5 to 7 days of travel. There is a 15-inch also available, but for me, I chose the 17-inch for space and the fact that I have older bigger laptops I use sometimes.
So, with its Multiple Compartment, It's Perfect for laptop Exclusive Business accessories interlayer, can be placed keyboard and mouse headset mobile power charger, USB memory stick, kettle, umbrella, 2 sets of clothes (a padded protection computer compartment, flat compartment, mouse protection bag, earphone strap, key hang, small object function bag, two side pockets)
The External USB Mobile Interface Allows you to charge your mobile phone without opening your backpack, perfect for solving the troubles of pocket weight in charging treasure. Easy business your life.
Water Resistant Backpack Material Let you walk in the rain without fear of water reaching the gadgets inside. There is a rain cover for the bag at the bottom of the outdoor backpack. Double waterproof is safer. High-elastic Breathable Shoulder Straps and Soft Back breathable soft sponge to reduce vibration, reduce stress on the back and spine, protect your health starting from choice your Laptop backpack. So it's pretty sophisticated. I have actually recommended this to many people and if you are interested in obtaining one, you can get it here. It comes in grey, black and red colors.


So this wrap my set on-the-go, I usually have other items such as external hard drives, headset, mouse and cables, etc. If you need recommendation to any of these, hit me up in the comments or contact me privately and I will give you guidelines on what's best according to your needs and budget. If you work as independently or as a freelancer, or in a corporate some of these could be really useful to you. Also, let me know in the comments which gadgets interest you or other alternatives to those listed here, Mind you this is my set up on the go and everyone's opinion varies, however, its welcomes here. Please share and subscribe and in my subsequent, I am going to answer another big question individuals ask me "How I survive working independently?


Comments

  1. Thank you Robert for your compliment. please share and come back often for more posts. peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Good information, this information is excellent and very important for everyone. I am very very thankful to you for providing this kind of information. Handbag Repair Toronto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shoe Medic, Please check back often for more articles and don't forget to share with others, you can as well recommend what you think

      Delete

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *